Data Protection Policy
Data protection privacy and safe use of all personal information is of major importance to Motion Display. We make sure all personal data is always protected and that our processing follows applicable data protection rules as well as internal guidelines and routines.
This policy explains what data we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it and the individual’s rights to update and delete his/hers data. We are therefore transparent about your personal information which we have stored. Our collection, use, processing and sharing of your information is made only in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework established by the US Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
Contact regarding data protection
Motion Display is the controller of all personal data. The contact information of Motion Display is:
Company: Motion Display Scandinavia AB
Corp. Id. 556682-8231
Adress: Väderkvarnsgatan 17c, SE753 29 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone: +46-18-444 03 00
Personal Data Processor
Motion Display has contracted with Hubspot, Inc. to act as data processor for Motion Displays personal data. Hubspot, Inc. has certified its compliance with Privacy Shield.
All personal data is protected with the same level of security as Motion Displays other business information. All IT systems are continuously security tested and improved.
Why do we collect and process your data?
We collect and process personal data to:
- communicate with our customers and potential customers on offers, orders, deliveries, after sales support and follow-ups.
- provide product information.
- market new and existing products.
- administer employment.
What information do we collect?
- Basic contact information related to customers such as name, company, company address, email address, and telephone number.
- Employment-related information such as work history, current employer, division, department, title, tax-numbers and job duties.
- Contact information for external references such as name, employer, position, and relationship.
What do we do with the information?
We will not use your information for purposes other than those listed in this Policy unless we receive your consent. We use your information to be able to communicate with you regarding the core business of Motion Display, i.e. sales of e-ink based displays for in-store marketing.
For how long do we save your information
In general, we store personal data for as long as a business relationship is present between the person in question and Motion Display.
Sometimes we must store certain information, for specific purposes, for a longer period of time due to operational and legal requirements. This happens, for example, when you make a payment to Motion Display. This data is stored for the longer period since it is required for tax and accounting purposes. Other reasons for storing certain data for longer periods are compliance with legal och regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of information
We may share your information:
- with service providers such as suppliers, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf or assist us with managing the business relationship.
- with other recipients such as external advisors, authorities, courts, police, and potential buyers or sellers regarding company divestment or acquisition.
We never sell your personal data to any third parties.
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. Subject to applicable law, you have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you,
- request access to the personal information we maintain about you,
- receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information,
- object to the processing of your personal information, and have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate.
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local legal requirements. We will respond to all requests to access, modify, or delete your personal data as required by local law requirements.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
The legal basis for our collection and storage of personal data
Under GDPR, Article 6 (f), processing of data is lawful provided the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Motion Display as controller has a legitimate interest in having contact information to personnel working at Motion Display’s customers, in order to be able to carry out its offering and sales of e-ink based displays for in-store marketing. Since the personal data is of a basic nature and does not include social security numbers, home address, phone numbers other than work phone, credit card details or any other sensitive information, Motion Display conclude that Motion Displays legitimate interest is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
With regard to employment-related information, Motion Display has received consent from each employee.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, you are welcome to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +46-18-444 03 00. If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received, you have the right to lodge a complaint with relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.